Covid-19 travel info
Sun is shining, temperatures are rising, the sea is big, blue and magnificent as always.
Yes, summertime is here and we can’t wait to share it with you.
We are happy to let you know that Croatian borders are open and there are no obstacles for you to travel to Croatia, just some minor adjustments.
How to enter Croatia
In order to enter Croatia, you’ll need one of the following:
- negative PCR test or rapid antigen test
- certificate that you have received two doses of vaccine used in the EU
- certificate that you have recovered from COVID-19 and have received one dose of vaccine
- do PCR testing or rapid antigen testing on SARS-CoV-2 immediately upon arrival, with the obligation to stay in self-isolation until the arrival of a negative test result (self-isolation for ten days if you don’t do the test)
Passengers coming directly from the EU countries who are currently in the so-called green list of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, regardless of their citizenship, will be allowed entry into the Republic of Croatia under the same conditions as before the onset of the COVID-19 disease if they show no signs of disease and they have not been in close contact with an infected person.
Detailed information regarding the countries, which vaccines are acceptable and which tests and for how long are valid can be found here. If you are still unsure or would like an additional help regarding this matter, please let us know.
If you are traveling by car, the easiest way to reduce your waiting time on the border is to fill out this online form in advance or to have a so-called Covid passport.
Where do I go
If you want to check what is the situation in a particular county in Croatia, you can visit this site with interactive map of Croatia. Once you select the county (on the map or choosing a name of the county), you can see a more detailed information regarding the numbers of cases but also which safety measures are in force there.
How to go home
For some of the countries it is not necessary to have a test to come back home, however there are some that require a test. Please check if your country is one of them. If it is, following details should help you plan your return.
There are many places along Croatian coast where you can do the test (PCR or antigen), as well as in the cities around the country (public or private institutions). Here you can see the list, check the prices and terms and choose the best option for you. Waiting time for the test results varies (and so do the prices) so be sure to check everything and plan your holiday accordingly.
Zadar testing spots
Luckily there are many places to choose from in Zadar County (from no 106 to 143 for public/128 till 138 for private). If you need help with making an appointment please let us know.
Arrival to Marina Zadar Tankerkomerc
Following the safety measures, each of our boats are disinfected and then being cleaned before every check-in. After we complete the cleaning, we once again disinfect the boat with ozone machine. It is done 30 minutes before your arrival.
Therefore the time of your approximate arrival to our base is essential for us so we can plan our schedule for each day accordingly, as well as your complete crew list form which was sent to you before your arrival. Please contact us and let us know these details so we can inform you about your check-in time. You can also inform us about all the extras you’d like to choose (towels, outboard engine, SUP, safety net) so we can prepare it in advance.
Once you receive our confirmation that the boat is ready, you can go directly to your boat. Our base manager will be there to help you and show you the boat. Everything is done outside and with face masks on (please be kind to have one with you).
If you are a rookie in Croatian sailing waters and you need some info regarding the nice places to visit while staying on board, feel free to let us know, we’d be glad to help you out.
Arrival by car
If you are arriving by car:
- enter Marina Zadar Tankerkomerc using the main entrance
- you’ll receive a parking ticket at the ramp
- for Bavaria 44 Mirna or Bavaria 46 Cruiser Buba V you can place your car for awhile directly in front of the boat to unload your luggage and supplies, then you can park the car in the designated areas (outside or in the garage)
- for Sun Odyssey 39i Orsula you can park in front of pier A for a few minutes to take your luggage and supplies, the boat is on the second berth on the left
- for Sun Odyssey 36i Agatha, Elan 340 Four Winds, Merry Fisher 695 DiV or Bavaria 32 Sport Julie the closest you can come is the beginning of pier D; we will give you trolley in order to move your luggage and supplies easily, then you can park your car in the designated areas (outside or in the garage)
- if you are leaving your car in the marina, please give your ticket on check-in for validation in order to pay reduced price for the parking on the marina reception before you leave
- one hour of parking in the marina is free of charge
Arrival by plane
If you are arriving by plane, please inform us about all the details (your flight number, airport and time of arrival) so we can help you find the best solution for your transfer to the marina (by bus, by rent a car or a taxi/shuttle bus).
Price-wise, it is always better to order your taxi/shuttle bus in advance rather than get one directly on spot.
We wish you a great stay in our beautiful country!
And please remember, if you’ll need any help with anything from your arrival to your route, let us know. It is always better to ask than to be sorry.